Listed below are 8 research papers written in 2010 that deal with a variety of adrenal gland topics of issues of clinical importance in cats.
These range from a report of a cat with concurrent adrenal pheochromocytoma and contralateral adrenocortical tumor (1) to investigation of plasma catecholamines in diagnoses of feline pheochromocytoma (8); from a review of primary hyperaldosteronism (Conn's syndrome) to a overview of endocrine hypertension in cats (3,4); from a report of Cushing's syndrome in a cat with generalized toxoplasmosis (6) to reports on the risks of human estrogen sprays to cats through contact with treated skin (7).
- Calsyn JD, Green RA, Davis GJ, et al. Adrenal pheochromocytoma with contralateral adrenocortical adenoma in a cat. Journal of the American Animal Hospital Association 2010;46:36-42.
- Cohn LA, DeClue AE, Cohen RL, et al. Effects of fluticasone propionate dosage in an experimental model of feline asthma. Journal of feline medicine and surgery 2010;12:91-96.
- Reusch CE, Schellenberg S, Wenger M. Endocrine hypertension in small animals. The Veterinary clinics of North America Small animal practice 2010;40:335-352.
- Schulman RL. Feline primary hyperaldosteronism. The Veterinary clinics of North America Small animal practice 2010;40:353-359.
- Sieber-Ruckstuhl NS, Zini E, Osto M, et al. Effect of hyperlipidemia on 11-beta-hydroxysteroid-dehydrogenase, glucocorticoid receptor, and leptin expression in insulin-sensitive tissues of cats. Domestic Animal Endocrinology 2010;39:222-230.
- Spada E, Proverbio D, Giudice C, et al. Pituitary-dependent hyperadrenocorticism and generalised toxoplasmosis in a cat with neurological signs. Journal of feline medicine and surgery 2010;12:654-658.
- Voelker R. Estrogen spray poses risks to children, pets through contact with treated skin. Journal of the American Medical Association 2010;304:953.
- Wimpole JA, Adagra CF, Billson MF, et al. Plasma free metanephrines in healthy cats, cats with non-adrenal disease and a cat with suspected phaeochromocytoma. Journal of feline medicine and surgery 2010;12:435-440.