Listed below are 6 research papers written in 2010 that review new aspects in the diagnosis or therapy of insulin-secreting tumors of the pancreas (1, 3), pancreatic polypeptide-secreting islet cell tumor (2), glucagon-secreting islet cell tumor or glucagonoma (4), and paraneoplastic hypoglycemia (6).
2010 Papers on Canine and Feline Islet Cell Tumors of the Pancreas and Other Causes for Hypoglycemia:
- Buishand FO, Kik M, Kirpensteijn J. Evaluation of clinico-pathological criteria and the Ki67 index as prognostic indicators in canine insulinoma. Veterinary Journal 2010;185:62-67.
- Cruz Cardona JA, Wamsley HL, Farina LL, et al. Metastatic pancreatic polypeptide-secreting islet cell tumor in a dog. Veterinary Clinical Pathology 2010;39:371-376.
- Moretti S, Tschuor F, Osto M, et al. Evaluation of a novel real-time continuous glucose-monitoring system for use in cats. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine 2010;24:120-126.
- Oberkirchner U, Linder KE, Zadrozny L, et al. Successful treatment of canine necrolytic migratory erythema (superficial necrolytic dermatitis) due to metastatic glucagonoma with octreotide. Veterinary Dermatology 2010;21:510-516.
- Rivera N, Ramnanan CJ, An Z, et al. Insulin-induced hypoglycemia increases hepatic sensitivity to glucagon in dogs. The Journal of Clinical Investigation 2010;120:4425-4435.
- Rossi G, Errico G, Perez P, et al. Paraneoplastic hypoglycemia in a diabetic dog with an insulin growth factor-2-producing mammary carcinoma. Veterinary Clinical Pathology 2010;39:480-484.