Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dr. Peterson One of Keynote Speakers at Advanced Endocrinology Course

ACVIM ENDOCRINOLOGY
October 28 - 30, 2010
Oquendo Center - Las Vegas, NV





This 20-hour case-based course will cover hot and/or controversial topics in clinical small animal endocrinology, including canine and feline adrenal and thyroid diseases, diabetes mellitus and calcium disorders. Each of the five 4-hour sessions will cover nine 15-minute short lectures, with the last hour of each session dedicated to interaction and discussion among presenters and attendees.

Presenters:
Ellen N. Behrend, VMD, PhD, DACVIM (SAIM); Dennis Chew, DVM, DACVIM (SAIM); Thomas Graves, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (SAIM); Robert J. Kemppainen, DVM, PhD; Richard W. Nelson, DVM, DACVIM (SAIM); Mark E. Peterson, DVM, DACVIM (SAIM); J. Catharine Scott-Moncrieff, MA, Vet MB, MS, DACVIM (SAIM), DECVIM

Click on the image below to open up the course schedule in a larger window:

Here are some comments from people that attended the ACVIM Endocrinology course in Las Vegas:
  • "This Endocrinology seminar was exactly what I was hoping for. I was able to hear the leaders in this field discuss pathophysiology, clinical presentation diagnostic tests, and treatment options for the type of cases I see every week. I especially enjoyed the panel sessions because the speakers were not afraid to challenge each other and the current thought on these diseases. I feel like I am leaving here with confidence in the methods that I already use and a few new ideas to challenge me."
  • "The best CE I have attended in the last ten years! This was an outstanding CE course (Endocrinology) – easily the most informative, with valuable information to take away. Discussions at the level appropriate for Diplomates. The speakers stimulated me to critically analyze some of the methods I use, and there is so much I want to try when I get back. Thank you for putting together such a great CE course!"
  • "As an ACVIM Candidate in Small Animal Internal Medicine, this information was extremely useful and immediately applicable (Endocrinology). Good balance of current literature, basic science and clinical application. I particularly enjoyed the panel 'arguments' and discussions. It was very useful to hear the difference in opinion to get a good idea of where there is consensus and where there was significant variability."

No comments: